awards 25 PIL hours on PERMS to School and System Leaders (SSL).
composed of four, 3 hour, online sessions meeting once a week over four consecutive weeks.
Cost is $325. First two SSLs to register receive $20 Early Bird rebate.
approved by PDE in August, 2022
PIL Course Description – This Course equips participants with knowledge of the:
- Model Code of Ethics for Educators;
- PA Code of Professional Practice & Conduct for Educators;
- differences between a code of ethics and code of conduct;
- Educator Discipline Act; and
- PA Professional Standards & Practices Commission.
Learning Objectives. SSLs will learn to:
- Participate in and facilitate peer discussion of case studies based upon common ethical dilemmas faced by PA educators.
- SSLs are required to form a small (3-5 persons) Ethics Professional Learning Community with educators of their choice from his/her Local Education Agency.
- SSLs and Educators take Pre and Post Assessments to show improvement and are submitted to PDE as part of Culminating Project.
- At least two Educators are required to teach an ethics lesson to one of their classes based upon a student code of conduct. Pre and Post Assessments are taken to show student achievement.
To read reviews from educators who have taken this course, scan down to the bottom of this page.
To find starting dates and times of my next PIL class, the cost, the specific content of each session and registration info, click on Events in the top menu bar.